37.9 kilometres away in Göttingen
38 kilometres away in Göttingen
66.6 kilometres away in Paderborn
76.3 kilometres away in Marburg
85.3 kilometres away in Fulda
89.4 kilometres away in Lemgo
96.2 kilometres away in Hildesheim
101.4 kilometres away in Gießen
105.3 kilometres away in Bielefeld
105.9 kilometres away in Bielefeld
The University of Kassel, founded in 1971, is the newest university in the state of Hessen. At present, it has about 20.000 students. The number of staff is more than 2.365, including 312 professors, approximately 900 other academic staff, and about 1.500 technical and administrative staff.
We offer a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate study programmes in the fields of:
* Humanities and Social Sciences
* Economics, Business and Law
* Natural Sciences and Mathematics
* Engineering Sciences, Computer Sciences
* Architecture, Urban Planning and Landscape Planning
* Organic Agriculture Sciences and Environmental Protection
* Fine Arts
All study programmes are open to German and international students alike. A range of degrees can be obtained, including the traditional German Diplom degrees, Bachelor and Master degrees, the Artistic Examination or a PhD.
International summer and winter universities, intensive German language courses and orientation programmes for international students make Kassel an attractive place for studying. At present, students from over 115 countries are enrolled at the University of Kassel.
Interdisciplinary research is a priority for the University of Kassel. This includes research co-operation and dialogue with research institutions from all over the world. Our interdisciplinary research centres and institutes:
* Centre for Career and Higher Education Research ( INCHER )
* Centre for Environmental Systems Research ( CESR )
* Centre for Interdisciplinary Nanostructure Science and Technology ( CINSaT )
* Fraunhofer-Institute for Wind Energy and Energy System Technology
Each academic year, more than 100 visiting scholars pursue research projects in co-operation with colleagues from the University of Kassel, making a valuable contribution to our academic, social and cultural life. The newly-built International House is located on the campus. It offers accommodation for international guests and is available for meetings, conferences and cultural events.
Two Academy Awards in the area of animation films, plus three nominations, have so far been been won by graduates from the Kassel School of Arts.
Kassel is a city of cultural wealth and variety.
* Computer Centre
* Media Centre
* Kassel University Press (KUP)
* Gift Shop
Social and Cultural Activities, Sports
* Studentenwerk Kassel (accommodation, counselling, legal advice)
* University Sports
* University Orchestra
* New Year's Reception for International Students and Scholars
* Student Theatre Group
* Protestant Student Congregation Kassel
* Protestant Student Congregation Witzenhausen
The university city of Kassel has about 200,000 inhabitants. It is located in the centre of Germany and has many places of interest, most notably the beautiful hillside park around the castle of Wilhelmshöhe, the Habichtswald nature reserve, parks and leisure areas.
Kassel is also the city of the Grimm Brothers, collectors of fairy tales and authors of the first dictionary of the German language.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants.