27.2 kilometres away in Marburg
49.1 kilometres away in Idstein
50.5 kilometres away in Frankfurt am Main
51.2 kilometres away in Frankfurt am Main
52.2 kilometres away in Frankfurt am Main
52.9 kilometres away in Frankfurt am Main
53.4 kilometres away in Frankfurt am Main
54.6 kilometres away in Frankfurt am Main
56.3 kilometres away in Siegen
71.5 kilometres away in Fulda
Motto: Study Life - Explore the World
* Giessen: the town with the highest student ratio of all German university townsMore...
* No tuition fees (with the exemption of the international Master in Comparative Child Law, offered in cooperation with the University Potchefstroom/South Africa, and the international joint Master's degree course in Global Change, both are taught in English) More...
* Excellent student support: The Federal Foreign Office of Germany has awarded the Award for Excellent International Student Support at German Universities to JLU's international office More...
* International flair: 30% of JLU's doctoral students and around 15% of all students in Giessen are international More...
* Exceptionally broad range of subjects with exclusive interdisciplinary study options More...
* Excellent research opportunities at a university strong in research and with two clusters of excellence More...
* Renowned German intensive courses: From absolute beginner to DSH-level (university entrance level) within one academic year! More...
* Study in the green heart of Germany and at the same time only 40 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt am Main, Germany's financial centre with one of Europe's busiest airport More...
* Lokal International - the international student meeting place with jam sessions, language practice, karaoke and games, cooking events, etc. More...
* Excellent job opportunities through interlacement of teaching and research, practitioners, career centre, alumni service, etc. More...
Since 2006, the university has received funding of 25 million euros for two renowned international projects, the Excellence Cluster Cardio-Pulmonary System (ECCPS, in cooperation with the Max Planck Institute
Bad Nauheim and Goethe University Frankfurt) as well as the International Graduate Centre
for the Study of Culture (GCSC) in the humanities.
Justus Liebig University is equally successful in corresponding programmes at federal state
level and makes use of the Hessian excellence initiative LOEWE (Landes-Offensive zur Entwicklung
Wissenschaftlich-ökonomischer Exzellenz) to enhance its clear-cut profile of scientific
excellence, particularly in cultural studies and the life sciences.
A unique constellation of subject areas in the life sciences also provides the ideal basis for
thriving collaborative research centres and research units supported by the German Research
Foundation (DFG, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft).
After 400 years of innovative teaching and research, JLU is not only embedded in international
partnerships and networks, it is also deeply interwoven with the city of Giessen, the
city with the highest student ratio of all university towns in Germany. Their parallel dynamic
development has not only shaped Giessens cityscape with many traditional buildings, it has
also spawned several state-of-the-art university research centres. Additionally, JLU profits
from Giessens ability to absorb students from all around the globe into a lively university
town in the heart of Hesse, creating an ideal environment for students and researchers alike.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants.