London, United Kingdom
* Our courses You can chose from nearly 50 courses in a variety of subject areas, including Arts, Business, HR, Marketing, Computing, Law, Psychology, Writing and many more. All our courses encourage you to develop a creative, thoughtful and forward-thinking approach to your studies. Theory and practice are integrated to create a learning environment where you can explore and develop a broad range of skills. With so many options we are sure you will find something to inspire you.
* Summer package programs Our three or five week programmes are designed to be flexible and give our students the option of taking either one or two courses. All Middlesex summer package programmes combine academic study with an exciting social programme. You can explore the most interesting locations in London and England, including a Thames River Party Cruise and trips to Stonehenge and Bath, Oxford, West End shows and much more. Course groups are small with an average of 15 students and take place on a lecture, seminar or workshop basis. Courses carry either 15 or 30 credit points based on the standard Middlesex 120-credit academic year.
* Customised programmes We offer customised programmes for groups of students studying English language and British Culture. We can tailor programmes according to your requirements and your budget, from a simple tuition only programme or one that incorporates any number of services such as airport meet and greet, accommodation and a social programme. Our English language programme provision ranges from intermediate to advanced levels. All courses are tailored to the needs of students and use materials linked to the programme of activities, as well as British culture and London.
* Our campus We want to provide the best for our students so we have invested over £200 million, creating world-class, industry relevant facilities and some of the best learning environments in London.
Middlesex Universitys Summer School in London reflects the universitys innovative, forward thinking approach to education and learning and takes advantage of our excellent university facilities. We are proud of the very high level of student satisfaction achieved and work hard to ensure your experience is exciting, fun and memorable. Hundreds of students from around the globe meet at Middlesex each year. Our Summer School gives you the perfect opportunity to combine academic study with a fun environment. You will meet many people from all corners of the world and make lots of friends along the way.
Now in its eighteenth year our Summer School is one of the largest fully integrated programmes in the UK, giving you the opportunity to interact with students already studying at Middlesex, as well as other students from London, Europe and other international countries. Our Summer School students include current Middlesex undergraduates topping up their studies, students from other universities and adult learners pursuing interests or developing their skills. International students can take advantage of the exciting social and cultural package which enhances the academic element of their time at Middlesex.
Because we know that your well being is central to your academic success, we offer a range of services to make your experience with us as smooth as we can, as well as ensuring that your time at Summer School is happy and successful.
There are two halls available to all summer students. Usher Hall is on Hendon campus, while Ivy Hall is off-campus, but is within easy reach via public transport. Our halls all have shared kitchen facilities, a launderette, IT network access points (use included in the rent) and a security officer onsite overnight Monday to Friday, with 24-hour cover at weekends. The staff are friendly and our halls are clean and well run.
Usher Hall is a bright modern building located opposite our Hendon campus, so campus life is on your doorstep as are an array of shops, bars, and cafes, as well as a number of local parks. All rooms have en suite bathrooms. A short journey from Hendon Campus, Ivy Hall is a traditional hall located in a multicultural community and is just a bus ride away from central London. Rooms have shared bathrooms.
You should book your accommodation using our online booking system.
You will have access to the range of University facilities, including:
* Library and computing: Learning Resources (LR) provides library and academic computing services to support student learning. The Sheppard Library offers 738 open access study places and 246 open access IT workstations. Wireless networking is available across the campus.
* Catering: You will find a range of facilities to suit your needs. Catering facilities on site include the Forum, offering both hot and cold meals, Costa Coffee in the Quad and the Amigo shop. In addition, there are many good value and interesting food outlets in the neighbourhood close to the university.
* Social programme: The Summer School runs an extensive social and cultural programme and students are invited to take part in a wide range of events including trips to historic sites, theatre visits and on-campus events.
* Access for people with disabilities: Middlesex University has a positive approach to equal opportunities and will ensure, wherever possible, that appropriate provision is made. Prospective students with mobility difficulties, are advised to arrange a visit to the campus before confirming acceptance of a study place.
* Language and Learning Support: English Language and Learning support sessions to help students develop study, essay writing and revision skills will run throughout the Summer School. More information about these, including a timetable, will be available from the library during Summer School.
* Summer School Office: The Summer School office is open extended hours throughout the summer. Friendly staff are on-hand to provide you with all the help and advice you need.
Our Summer School is based at the vibrant Middlesex University Campus in Hendon, North London. We want to provide the best for our students so we have invested over £200 million, creating world-class, industry relevant facilities and some of the best learning environments in London. This ambitious programme has seen us opening a state-of-the-art library, research laboratories and innovative art, design and media facilities. Modern gym facilities, cafes and a lively student centre have all been added to our campus to guarantee an excellent experience.
You can visit the university website and take a virtual tour of our campus now.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants.