London, United Kingdom
Our well established Summer School offers students a unique, life enhancing experience. We work hard to make sure you will have a rewarding fun and memorable time and are proud of the very high levels of student satisfaction. Because your well being is central to our academic success our friendly team is on hand to provide services and help.
There are courses to meet a diverse range of academic needs and aspirations; anything from studying Business or many other subjects to improving your English language skills. Students include those from Middlesex, other UK universities, Europe and around the world. Many transfer academic credits earned at Middlesex to their home academic programmes. You can chose from nearly 50 courses in a variety of subject areas, including Arts, Business, HR, Marketing, Computing, Law, Psychology, Writing and many more. All our courses encourage you to develop a creative, thoughtful and forward-thinking approach to your studies. Theory and practice are integrated to create a learning environment where you can explore and develop a broad range of skills. With so many options we are sure you will find something to inspire you.
As an international student you can take advantage of our exciting Summer Packages which combine tuition with accommodation and social and cultural events, allowing you to explore London and other parts of the UK. Courses range from introductory to third year undergraduate degree level. Our accredited courses are taken from full degree programmes and meet the high quality standards set by the UK Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education.
Our English Language packages do not carry academic credit but are designed to help you improve your language skills while immersing yourself in British culture. In addition to the teaching programme you will take part in a range of activities to help improve your speaking and listening skills. There are options in IELTS preparation, General English and Business English available.
Middlesex is one of Britain's largest and most dynamic universities with a strong record of academic achievement. Our Hendon Campus stands in a vibrant area of North London, well-connected to transport links and close to bustling shops and cafes. We are a short walk away from Hendon Central Station which takes you to central London in under 30 minutes. Our facilities are among the best anywhere, with more than £200 million invested in creating one of London's biggest and best campuses - part of our commitment to providing an excellent student experience. Our buildings are set in leafy grounds, making us one of the few London universities to offer a true campus experience.We have created outstanding learning environments for teaching, including state-of-the-art laboratories, workshops and modern lecture theatres. The Grove Building, Hatchcroft and the College Building all offer specialist facilities. The glass and steel Sheppard Library has room for up to 8,000 students, offers 738 open access study places and 246 open-access IT work stations. We offer free WiFi access on campus, secured and restricted to members of the university to use on personal computers and mobile devices. We've also added brand new spaces where you can relax drink and eat with friends. Catering facilities on site include the Forum, offering both hot and cold meals and Costa Coffee in the Quad.
All accredited courses meet the high quality standards necessary for university approval, and are overseen by external examiners and independent external quality organisations such as the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Ofsted.
You will have access to the range of University facilities, including:
* Library and computing: Learning Resources (LR) provides library and academic computing services to support student learning. The Sheppard Library offers 738 open access study places and 246 open access IT workstations. Wireless networking is available across the campus.
* Catering: You will find a range of facilities to suit your needs. Catering facilities on site include Costa Coffee in the Quad and the Costcutter shop. In addition, there are many good value and interesting food outlets in the neighbourhood close to the university.
* Social programme: The Summer School runs an extensive social and cultural programme and students are invited to take part in a wide range of events including trips to historic sites, theatre visits and on-campus events.
* Access for people with disabilities: Middlesex University has a positive approach to equal opportunities and will ensure, wherever possible, that appropriate provision is made. Prospective students with mobility difficulties, are advised to arrange a visit to the campus before confirming acceptance of a study place.
* Language and Learning Support: English Language and Learning support sessions to help students develop study, essay writing and revision skills will run throughout the Summer School. More information about these, including a timetable, will be available from the library during Summer School.
* Summer School Office: The Summer School office is open extended hours throughout the summer. Friendly staff are on-hand to provide you with all the help and advice you need.
Our Summer School is based at the vibrant Middlesex University Campus in Hendon, North London. We want to provide the best for our students so we have invested over £200 million, creating world-class, industry relevant facilities and some of the best learning environments in London. This ambitious programme has seen us opening a state-of-the-art library, research laboratories and innovative art, design and media facilities. Modern gym facilities, cafes and a lively student centre have all been added to our campus to guarantee an excellent experience
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants.