28.5 kilometres away in Aachen
68.5 kilometres away in Eindhoven
69.4 kilometres away in Leuven
90.8 kilometres away in Brussels
100.4 kilometres away in Bonn
124.9 kilometres away in Wageningen
142.3 kilometres away in Utrecht
144 kilometres away in Rotterdam
167.8 kilometres away in Leiden
174.8 kilometres away in Enschede
What makes CES unique?
* Maastricht University study atone of the best and most international universities in the Netherlands, offering excellent classes in English
* International classroom - imagine an International Relations class with students from Rwanda, Iraq and Germany sharing in the conversation
* Learn in small, highly interactive groups - Maastricht University uses the acclaimed Problem-Based Learning (PBL) system
* Go abroad without falling behind - our programmes offer something for almost every major
* Discover Europe within the context of your education - CES programmes incorporate multiple-day study trips and field trips to companies, NGOs and government institutions
* Extracurricular activities enrich your study abroad experience with volunteer opportunities, sports, free academic lectures and immersion into Dutch society
* You are never just a number - we know each student by name and we are available 24/7 for questions and guidance
* Live in a vibrant, beautiful, safe European town - 2000 year-old Maastricht has cobblestone streets, romantic squares, and lively festivals throughout the year. It is small enough to make your own, but big enough to stay interesting
* Maastricht is your gateway to Europe Maastricht is conveniently located in the heart of Europe with major capitals such as Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam and London only a short train ride away
As an integral part of Maastricht University, the Center for European Studies (CES) offers a variety of semester and summer programmes focusing on the economic, political, and socio-cultural aspects of Europe and European integration.
Unlike other study abroad programmes, CES integrates study trips into each academic programme. These trips are designed to give students real-world experience with the subject matter. Speak with a European Parliamentarian about EU expansion or question the Press Officer for NATO Headquarters in Brussels about the war in Afghanistan. Learn about the paintings of the Dutch Golden Age in a museum or walk around the site of the famous Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes forest. Discuss human rights issues with a prosecutor at the International Criminal Court in The Hague or talk to a European business executive about managing production across international borders.
CES programmes fit into three categories
Open Enrolment Programmes are organised around a specific theme and are open to students from all accredited universities and colleges. Students are directly enrolled at Maastricht University, allowing them to take a mixture of CES and Maastricht University courses.
University-Specific Programmes are for students from particular universities and colleges, and have been developed in close cooperation with faculty and study abroad advisors. The programmes are typically organised for groups of students and are often faculty-led. Enrolment is limited to students from specific universities and colleges.
Orientation Programmes prepare students for further academic studies from undergraduate to postgraduate levels in the Netherlands. Programmes are custom-made for specific groups and vary in length depending on the needs of the students.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants.