|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||5 days|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Successful companies are using modern transport management as a competitive advantage. With increasing globalization, rising energy prices, growing safety, security and ecological regulations optimizing goods transport becomes more and more important. In five days the International Autumn School Transport Management gives managers from industry, retailing, and transport companies the opportunity to learn from leading experts in academics and industry.
Participants will learn about the development of the European Unions Transport Policy. We will address management issues arising in all transportation modes and participants will learn to use effective and efficient transport management tools that will help them make better strategic, tactical and operational transport management decisions. In case studies the participants will learn best practice in transport planning, transport law and transport controlling. This International Summer School will not only give new insights, but also should help the management and the company to make their transport management smarter.-
In compact form, held within five days, important topic areas for managers are first described in five modules covering general management in business contexts. Subsequently, these topic areas are applied to concrete business issues. With carefully selected case studies, which also involve international companies, problem solving methods are presented and discussed.
The International Autumn School Transport Management is offerend in collaboration with one of the top universities in Europe, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
* Group / team leaders
* Department heads
* Preparation for new assignments related to transport management or consolidation of logistics know-how
* Development of a comprehensive understanding and application of transport management tools
* Deepening the knowledge about European Union's transport policy and legal issues
* Framework for transport systems and networks
* Courses on transport management
* Transport Management: Key Business Processes
* International Transport and Integrated Transport Chains
* Transport Planning and Optimization
* Transport Execution, Outsourcing, Tendering
* Managerial Skills
* Certificate from Kühne Logistics University