|Application deadline:||None – rolling admissions|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, October 2014, November 2014|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
IT Financials & Decision Making covers the issue of making the business case for Information Technology for the whole, or parts of, the business. It is concerned with the evaluation of the added value for both critical and supporting processes, product and process innovation, and the assessment of total cost of ownership against the benefits of information technology. It is also concerned with the policies of monitoring and managing costs for information technology in various organisational configurations (e.g. centralized versus decentralized organizations).
* You will be ready to manage IT at strategic level and to make a major career step.
* You will have a clear and explicit view of the contribution that IT makes to business.
* You will have gained the knowledge and skills required to align IT with the various business processes.
* Your professional network will be enhanced with many new peers. The active alumni association focuses on career development.
IT Financials & Decision Making is a module of the Master of IT Management.
Within the context of IT, the programme discusses the principles of costing and charging, industry benchmarks and the problem of arriving at global, rather than local benefits. The programme is two sessions, the first session is about fundamentals and the second is about identifying, deciding on and monitoring IT investments. The programme is concluded with a formal assignment linked to the own organisation.
The following subjects will be covered:
* Management and Cost Accounting
* Investment methodologies
* Accounting Information for Decision Making
* Business cases for projects, process improvement, business innovation
* Quality and Throughput Accounting
* Comparing and evaluating business models
* Financial Control and budgeting
* Decision making dynamics: Identifying the Main Thing
* Implementing a financial control system in an IT environment
This module is offered every year in the same period.
Dates of the next editions are:
11 t/m 13 September 2013
7 + 8 October 2013
4 + 5 November 2013
The module manager is responsible for the content and quality of his module.
Drs. Martin van Kesteren MBA is Vice President Strategic Sourcing of Atos Origin Netherlands and has a long background in IT infrastructure Management, working in various general management positions, in which Martin cooperated for many years with Prof. Maarten Looijen of TU Delft, assisting in further developing the theoretical framework for IT infrastructure management by contributing practical case study material. Martin was instrumental in establishing the IT infrastructure management best practice ITIL and its international exam scheme. His specialty is complex managerial decision making in IT, such as investment and divestment decisions, sourcing decisions, IT governance, business case building and portfolio rationalization.
Lecturers in the Master of IT Management programme are experts in their field. The theoretical foundation is provided by experts from TU Delft and other universities in the Netherlands and abroad. Additional information on specific subjects comes from advisors working for specialist agencies. The practical side of the subjects is highlighted by representatives from the public sector, industry and the business world.
Some key lecturers
Richard Take Bureau Kees Horden
Prof.dr. Erik Beulen University of Tilburg
dr. Harry van Irsel University of Amsterdam & Nyenrode Business University
Rafael Liethof Bureau Kees Horden
* Professionals working in IT, for instance IT managers, IT directors and experienced information managers.
* Business managers who have extensive experience of IT projects and ambitions for a career in the IT sector.
* Participants have a bachelor or master degree plus at least five years professional.
* A good level of English language skills is required.
At least 5 year(s) of work experience are required.
Delft TopTech is a TU Delft subsidiary, and every one of its programmes meets the strict standards and accreditation requirements set by TU Delft.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
shortcoursesportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.