|Application deadline:||None – rolling admissions|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||February 2015, March 2015, January 2016, February 2016|
|Duration full-time:||2 days|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
IT Governance entails leadership and organisational structures designed to ensure that the IT function maintains and develops its strategies and objectives. The questions how can IT performance be aligned with the enterprise? and how, through IT, can the expected benefits be realised? will be addressed. The participants will learn how IT resources can be used responsibly and how IT-related risks can be appropriately managed.
* You will be ready to manage IT at strategic level and to make a major career step.
* You will have a clear and explicit view of the contribution that IT makes to business.
* You will have gained the knowledge and skills required to align IT with the various business processes.
* Your professional network will be enhanced with many new peers. The active alumni association focuses on career development.
IT Governance is a module of the Master of IT Management.
IT governance is the responsibility of the board of directors and executive management. It is an integral part of enterprise governance and consists of the leadership and organizational structures and processes that ensure that the organisation's IT sustains and extends the organisation's strategies and objectives. Within the module the different parts of IT governance will be covered in combination with a case. The theory meets the practice on a short notice. The programme is concluded with a formal assignment linked to the own organisation.
The following subjects will be covered:
* IT Governance overview
* IT organisation structures
* Strategic Business/IT alignment
* Performance management
* Management of change and leadership
* Risk management
* Business Process Redesign and Management
* Innovation management
* IT vision, policy and strategy
* IT Leadership
* Sustainability and IT
This module is offered every year in the same period.
The dates for the next edition are:
23 t/m 25 January 2013
25 + 26 February 2013
25 + 26 March 2013
The module manager is responsible for the content and quality of his module.
drs. Nico A. Brand is working as independent consultant. In the past he worked for Ernst & Young Consulting and Capgemini Consulting, where he was responsible for the services in the area IT Strategy & Governance. Nico Brand is linked to TU Delft and Radboud University Nijmegen. He is doing a PhD study at the University Utrecht.
Lecturers in the Master of IT Management programme are experts in their field. The theoretical foundation is provided by experts from TU Delft and other universities in the Netherlands and abroad. Additional information on specific subjects comes from advisors working for specialist agencies. The practical side of the subjects is highlighted by representatives from the public sector, industry and the business world.
Some key lecturers:
drs R. Kenter De Ruijter Strategy
Prof.dr. W. van Grembergen University Antwerpen
ing. J. Cazemier Verdonck, Klooster en Associates
dr. J. Jonker Radboud University Nijmegen
dr. P. van Duin Delft University of Technology
drs. H. van Grieken Capgemini
* Professionals working in IT, for instance IT managers, IT directors and experienced information managers.
* Business managers who have extensive experience of IT projects and ambitions for a career in the IT sector.
* Participants have a bachelor or master degree plus at least five years professional.
* A good level of English language skills is required.
At least 5 year(s) of work experience is required.
Delft TopTech is a TU Delft subsidiary, and every one of its programmes meets the strict standards and accreditation requirements set by TU Delft.