The program examines the mechanisms, models, instruments, and essential innovations to provide an in-depth understanding the development of a modern distribution business and how it needs to be managed. With a world-class format and mix of content, participants in the Retail Manager course will have a unique educational experience of international scope, acquiring a comprehensive array of skills to meet management challenges in retail companies, as well as in manufacturing and services companies involved in the development and management of distribution channels.
Part 1 : Planning the channel & retail strategy
· Kick off - The changing channel and retail landscape
· Channel environment evaluation - Competitive Analysis fundamentals
· Shopping Insights and Consumer beahviour analysis
· Market segmentation and targeting
· Positioning & Retail Branding Fundamentals
· Marketing planning
Part 2 : Defining and delivering the retail value proposition
· Key issues in product assortment and category management
· Private label fundamentals: what they are and how to manage them successfully
· Retail pricing policies and sales promotion fundamentals
· Communication and brand management
· In store marketing: merchandising, shopping experience
· Managing sales excellence in a retail environment
· CRM and Loyalty programs: principles and tools
Part 3 : Retail organization, back end & performance management
· HR organization fundamentals
· Principles of buying in a retail environment
· Logistics and operation fundamentals
· Retail Finance and accounting fundamentals: methods and tools
· Competitive performance analysis and management
Part 4 : New frontiers in retail management
· How Corporate Social Responsibility is changing retailers' ways of doing business
· New technologies and IT in Retail- E-tailing
· Channel partnership management
· Retail seminars: what's new from the industries
Scholarships: selective facilitated access to the executive education Thanks to IBM Main Sponsor of the Academy a few enrolments will be available at a 50% reduced fee, while they last. An internal Committee will be in charge to evaluate all the applications upon specific discretional, meritocratic criteria.
Internships: the Retail Managers In company Experience Following the program, SDA Bocconi with the sponsors participation, will offer some facultative in companys experiences with about 3 months long internships. They will be assigned and made available after the end of classes and a selection process.
The program is designed for newly graduated people and/or young executives geared towards positions in national and international distribution companies. It is also extremely useful for all those who have or are about to have trade-marketing and retail-channel management positions in manufacturing/services companies.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test if you come from a non-English speaking country.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.More information on IELTS
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
shortcoursesportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.